Monday, March 13, 2006

Marketing Managers in top 10

Recently I was surfing the BizJournals website and I came across a top ten highest-paying jobs in the private sector. I was a bit surprised and happy to see that Marketing Manager was number 6. Now if I can just find someone to pay me this! Granted I may need to go back to get my masters. But for a $100,000+ a year, I would be more then willing to go back to school. Better yet, find a company that helps employees go back to get their masters. They also stated that this area will continue to grow through 2014. Below is from the BizJournals:
Average annual earnings of full-time workers: $103,883
Average annual hours of work: 2,131
Average hourly earnings: $48.74
Education and training required: Bachelor's degree with a broad liberal-arts background. Master's degree is preferred by some employers.
Outlook: "Employment of advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers is expected to increase faster than the average for all occupations through 2014, spurred by intense domestic and global competition in products and services offered to consumers." (U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home