Thursday, March 02, 2006

JEEP for SALE

'Jeep' To New HOME: Can you help?

'Jeep' enjoys road trips, camping, hiking, staring at the stars, rock climbing, kayaking, rollerblading, mountain biking, skiing/snowboarding, hunting, fishing, golfing, towing the boat and snowmobile trailer, and enjoys tailgating at the big game.

While in the process of selling my '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, it has come to my attention how tough it is to put a price tag on a used vehicle (especially one with 138k miles). Where do you price something that has brought you so much joy over the past 5 years? A good place to start is Kelly Blue Book. I figure a fair price is someplace between the private seller price of $4,110 and the retail price of $5860. It's also difficult to figure out the current value of any after market stuff you've added to a vehicle. For my Jeep it has new tires, new rear speakers, Pioneer CD player, Pioneer 12-disc changer and a full size spare. So taking all that into consideration, I'm asking $4,845 b/o for it. In addition, I've decided to sell my Thule Bike/Ski rack ($325), 2 10"sub/boxes ($150), and a Grille Guard ($150) with the Jeep.

I guess we'll see how close I am to selling it at fair market price. If you have any thoughts, advice, or feedback, please leave a comment. OR if you know someone interested in a used SUV please contact me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Digitalives said...

Market value won over personal opinion of what the vehicle was worth. Every couple of weeks, I dropped the price about $200. When it hit $3995 I began getting phone calls. I ended up taking an offer of $3650 cash for it. I was unable to sell the acessories with it.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home